Thursday, November 13, 2008

Change Of Perspective

One of my favorite life verses is Romans 5:3-5,
"We can rejoice, too, when we run into problems and trials, for we know that they help us develop endurance. And endurance develops strength of character, and character strengthens our confident hope of salvation. And this hope will not lead to disappointment. For we know how dearly God loves us, because he has given us the Holy Spirit to fill our hearts with his love."

I love it when God sends reminders of His promises. I started the day asking the Lord to help change my perspective. I continue to remind myself that I need to choose to be thankful and find the good things in life, instead of focusing on the negative. I realized that the heaviness that I was feeling was as heavy as I wanted it to be. The word says that His burden is light, so it’s up to me to release the heaviness and let Him carry it. If I’m feeling the weight of the world, then it’s not because God put it there. That is why and how I can go forward each day, and face the challenges raising five children and keeping our house running, while at times it feels as if my body is falling apart. He gives me the strength to go on!

No comments: