Monday, November 10, 2008

Introducing, Jesus Take The Wheel!

The last few years have been filled with wonderful times of celebration and thanksgiving, but a long with that has come countless days, weeks, and months, of stress, pain, sickness, and all around hard times. God gave us this gift of five beautiful children, but he never said it would be easy. From the first day that Donny and I found out that we were carrying five babies we gave it over to God. I felt a peace about it from the beginning. And regardless of all the scary what ifs and unknowns, we knew God would take us through this time and His will would be done in all of it. I still can remember our first doctor trying to convince me that we needed to highly consider selective reduction. There was never a thought about it, that was not even an option. It completely went against everything I have ever believed in. Donny and I left it in Gods hands to decide. After all they are His children. God did take one of the five babies to Heaven. Our son Logan turned one, the day after we gave birth to QUADRUPLETS! One boy and three girls. The life we could have never imagined in our wildest dreams was just beginning.

The quads all had plenty of medical issues, but despite everything, are doing well today, and you would never know they were born so early. It has been a long road, to get them back to health. We still are dealing with things with medical issues with the quads and even Logan here and there, but overall they are all doing so well. They are so full of life! They are our FIVE huge blessings!!

A 115 lb woman carrying quadruplets is far from anything normal. You should have seen my stomach before I delivered. Crazy! It also was way too much strain and pressure on my body and after the delivery my bogy gave way. My colon burst and then well everything went downhill from there for a while. But God was certainly not going to give us these children and leave them without a mommy. He saved me from death several times, I am sure of.

I am a big fan of country music, and Carrie Underwood. She has a song called Jesus Take the Wheel. They even play it on some of the Christian radio stations sometimes. Every time this song is on I turn it up loud and cry. I love this song! It really rings such a true message that I constantly want to shout out to God.

My thoughts, mind and spirit are always drawn to these verses,

She was sooo scared
She threw her hands up in the air

Jesus take the wheel
Take it from my hands
Cause I can't do this on my own
I'm a letting go
So give me one more chance
To save me from this road I'm on
Jesus take the wheel

No matter what my day or week may hold, whether the kids are sick, Donny is out of town, or if everyone is well and I’m just dealing with the normal tasks of caring for five children, things are always so much easier if I give them up to God. Nothing about this life is easy, it’s darn right hard. It hurts, it burns, it can tear you up sometimes. But I have a Lord and Savoir who is bigger than all the drama, and all the pain. He is what carries me through; He has saved me and continues to save me from the road that I am on.

People constantly ask me, “How do you do it?” I am titling this blog after this song because I am not a Supermom, I am not Wonder Woman, I can not do it all on my own. So often people can not understand how I can go through so much, and continue to do so and be positive and love life. I get upset and cry just as much as the next person, but I worship a God who takes it all away. He holds onto all my burdens so they are no longer my own. He gives me strength when I feel like I cannot go on. He gives me peace when I need to be calm. He is always here, waiting for me with open arms. He takes it all…I just have to give it over to Him. Everyday of my life no matter what, I have to let Jesus take the wheel.

I hope that you join me as I follow God’s leading and see where He will take me as I let Jesus take the wheel.

8 comments:

Elyse said...

AMEN, AMEN!!! I follow you on your home blog and love to read your thoughts. I am so very glad you started this New blog!
~Elyse~

Mommy of Multiples said...

Awesome! Thank you Elyse!

Don said...

You and Donny are the examples we point to most often as we share Christ and the Bible's teaching wherever we are. That is because we KNOW, FIRSTHAND, but that it is only because you have been blessed with, and by, sufficient faith to keep on trusting in and living with and for Him that you SEVEN live such miraculous, challenging daily lives.

Unknown said...

Liz, I have followed your blog since you were pregnant(I was at the same time but with one). I remember asking my church to pray for you back then. I have used your story numerous times as a great testimony that life isn't guarenteed easy but it's about letting God lead. I have seen this in you for the last 3 1/2yrs. I hope you don't mind that I have shared your story but you have been a great witness to people who don't even know you. Thank you for sharing yourself with us! I am VERY excited about reading this blog!

Debra said...

Hey Liz! It's great to see you in the blogosphere again - I pray you're feeling good these days. Look forward to hearing fresh insights from you - you are an amazing inspiration for hundreds, if not thousands, out there! Love you!

The Drama Mama said...

YEAH!!! Thanks for sharing! I love seeing HIM work in your lives. Love you, girl!

Mommy of Multiples said...

I am touched and moved. I love that God can use our story to help other people. :)

cessilye said...

I thank God for you. - Cess